We will be switching to a new administrator for the 2016-2017 WSU student insurance plan. This year’s plan will be provided by AmeriBen and underwritten by UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR). The plan starts on August 16, 2016.
Starting on September 9, you will be able to create an online account with AmeriBen through their app or website.
You can use AmeriBen’s free mobile app for iOS and Android to get your ID card, check the status of your claims and upload documents. Check out AmeriBen’s instructions for the app, then find MyAmeriBen in the App Store for iOS or on Google Play for Android.
Or, you can review AmeriBen’s instructions for creating an account on their website at MyAmeriBen.com.
While the new plan will include some cost increases compared to last year, the change will help us limit increases to your annual premium. The new plan also provides additional benefits, including:
- HealthiestYou, a 24-hour telehealth service that connects you with a board-certified physician via phone or video chat for a consultation, diagnosis and treatment – a great option for WSU Pullman students to use on evenings, weekends or holidays when Health & Wellness Services is closed!
- Student Assistance Program, a set of services including 24/7 counseling, assistance with legal and financial issues, and mediation services
- Global Emergency Services, a program providing you (as well as your spouse and/or dependent children if they are enrolled) with access to doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and certain other services when faced with a travel or medical emergency while traveling 100 miles or more from your permanent residence
Below are cost comparisons for this year’s plan compared to last year’s.
|Plan Year||Annual Premium||Deductible||Prescription drug co-insurance
|$50 at HWS|
$250 for other providers
|2016-2017||$1860||$100 at HWS|
$500 for other providers
- Annual Premium: The cost of a specific insurance policy for a given period of time
- Deductible: The amount of expenses you must pay out of pocket before the insurance company will pay any expenses
- Co-insurance: After your deductible is met, the insurance company will pay for this percentage of costs
Most international students are required to maintain the international Student Health Insurance Plan (iSHIP) while enrolled at WSU. Students with an F1 or J1 visa type will be automatically enrolled in the iSHIP plan.
Only students who fit into one of the following categories may be exempt from enrollment in the iSHIP plan:
- Students enrolled in a medical insurance plan sponsored by a United States employer of themselves or a family member (parent, spouse/partner)
- Students enrolled at WSU but conducting research outside of the United States
If you feel you meet one of these categories, please send your request to cancel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide proof of coverage and/or your reason that you might be exempt.
For the 2016-2017 plan, please review the 2016-2017 iSHIP Rate Table for specific information on costs for students, spouses/partners and dependents.
Spouses, domestic partners and children may be enrolled at the student’s request.
To enroll your dependents, please complete the Dependent Enrollment form. To add a spouse or domestic partner, please complete the Declaration of Marriage or Domestic Partnership.
The enrollment/cancellation deadline is the 13th day of classes for the Fall and Spring semesters and the 5th day of classes for the Summer sessions. To cancel enrollment, complete the Dependent Cancellation Form.
In the United States individuals are responsible for their medical coverage expenses. Learn more about the U.S. health care system.
This year’s plan will be provided by AmeriBen and underwritten by UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR). The plan starts on August 16, 2016.Starting on September 9, you will be able to create an online account with AmeriBen through their app or website.You can use AmeriBen’s free mobile app for iOS and Android to get your ID card, check the status of your claims and upload documents. Check out AmeriBen’s instructions for the app
, then find MyAmeriBen in the App Store
for iOS or on Google Play
for Android.Or, you can review AmeriBen’s instructions for creating an account
on their website at MyAmeriBen.com
.You will be able to us your account to:
You have up to one year to submit claims for medical services provided to you on or before August 15, 2016. Your insurance administrator is AIG Educational Markets.
Do you have prescriptions that you take regularly? The Health & Wellness Services pharmacy in Pullman can fill and mail maintenance medications to students who have a WSU student insurance plan (iSHIP or GSA).
We’ll need 3-5 business days to fill and mail your prescription. Make sure to give us plenty of notice before you need a refill. We’ll bill your insurance to reduce the amount you pay at the time you fill the prescription.
Not sure what we mean by maintenance medications? Some examples are:
- Birth control
- Blood pressure medication
- Oral diabetic medications
There are some restrictions. If you have questions or would like to start receiving your prescription by mail, give us a call at 509-335-5742 or visit the Health & Wellness Services website.
The billing and insurance office is located in the Washington building within the medical clinic entrance.
Phone: 509-335-3575 (option 3)