Student Medical Insurance International Students

Most international students are required to maintain the international Student Health Insurance Plan (iSHIP) while enrolled at WSU. Students with an F1 or J1 visa type will be automatically enrolled in the iSHIP plan.

Only students who fit into one of the following categories may be exempt from enrollment in the iSHIP plan.

  • Students enrolled in a medical insurance plan sponsored by a United States employer of themselves or a family member (parent, spouse/partner).
  • Students enrolled at WSU but conducting research outside of the United States.

If you feel you meet one of these categories, please send your request to cancel to  Please provide proof of coverage and/or your reason that you might be exempt.

How much does the iSHIP plan cost?

Please review the 2015-2016 iSHIP Rate Table for specific information on costs for students, spouses/partners and dependents.Questions? Call us at: 509-335-3575 (option 3).

How do I enroll my dependents?

Spouses, domestic partners and children may be enrolled at the student’s request. To enroll your dependents, please complete the iSHIP Dependent Enrollment form. To add a spouse or domestic partner, please complete the Declaration of Marriage or Domestic Partnership.The enrollment/cancellation deadline is the 13th day of classes for the Fall and Spring semesters and the 5th day of classes for the Summer sessions. iSHIP Cancellation Form.

Summer Sessions Insurance Enrollment Information for Students and their Dependents

International students who begin their studies during the summer session can enroll in summer medical insurance until the fall semester begins. International Students Summer Enrollment Form

iSHIP Summer Sessions 2016 Rate Table

What do I need to know about health care in the U.S.?

In the United States individuals are responsible for their medical coverage expenses.

Learn more about the U.S. Health Care System

How do I get information about coverage?

Your insurance administrator is AIG Educational Markets.

Create an account with AIG to:

What if I’m not located in Pullman and need prescription services?

Do you have prescriptions that you take regularly? The Health & Wellness Services pharmacy in Pullman can fill and mail maintenance medications to students who have a WSU student insurance plan (iSHIP or GSA). We’ll need 3-5 business days to fill and mail your prescription. Make sure to give us plenty of notice before you need a refill. We’ll bill your insurance to reduce the amount you pay at the time you fill the prescription.Not sure what we mean by maintenance medications? Some examples are:

  • Birth control
  • Antidepressants
  • Blood pressure medication
  • Oral diabetic medications

There are some restrictions. If you have questions or would like to start receiving your prescription by mail, give us a call at 509-335-5742. More information on the Health & Wellness Services pharmacy can be found here.

How do I contact the billing and insurance office?

The Billing and Insurance office is located in room 133 of the Washington Building.Phone: 509-335-3575 (option 3)
Fax: 509-335-8214