This website is under construction and we are making frequent updates. If you have a question, please call us at 509-335-3575 (option 3).
Eligibility Guidelines for Enrollment in the WSU Student Medical Insurance Plan:
1. WSU students who are admitted through the Undergraduate or Graduate Admission Office, who are paying tuition and fees for 7 or more credit hours, and who remain in an academic program through the first two weeks of instruction in the semester are eligible to enroll in the plan.
2. International Students with non-immigrant visas (except Canadians) are automatically enrolled in the Plan, but may be exempt from purchasing the Plan if they provide proof of coverage under a substitute plan that meets the University requirements.
3. The spouse of the covered student and the covered student's eligible dependent children up to age 26 are eligible to be enrolled.
4. A domestic partner of the insured student, who qualifies under the eligibility requirements as defined by the University. An Affidavit of Domestic Partnership must be provided for enrollment to be processed.
5. Coverage for a dependent must be requested during the enrollment period. If both husband and wife are eligible as students, each should enroll separately.
6. Coverage for a spouse or child must be requested according to the enrollment procedures outlined in the policy brochure.
Questions about enrollment/eligibility and benefits? Call us at 509-335-3575 (option 3).